Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Exactly 2 years ago...

20th February 2006

2 years ago on this very day, something wonderful happened.
On the 19th, we had gone to Farmart in Choa Chu Kang and we had such fun.
on 20th Feb Big baby was off shift too, so he wanted to go cycling with his kakis and he wanted me to go along.
I was very excited as I did not want to loose touch of the skill that I had learnt just about 6 months ago.
I had a major fall when I was riding down a slope in September 2005. It took me 3 months for my ankle to heal. Trust me I am not kidding. It was really bad man.
Well, after that fall, it really took me a lot of guts to try cycling again. But I managed to get rid of that fear.
Ok, coming back to what had happened on the 20th Feb 2006....
I wanted to go but as usual being the paranoid me, I wanted to just do a pregnancy test to make sure that I was not expecting. At that time, I had gotten kinda sick of not being able to conceive.
Told hubby to get it for me but he said, "Aiya I dun think u are la dun waste money". Haha I think I have spent a lot of money just buying pregnancy test kits as my period is super duper irregular. But I insisted that I wanted to play safe. So I took a slow walk to the 7-11 opposite my house and bought a clearblue one for $16 bucks. I remember I was wearing my red Guru t-shirt. I still remember the cashier's face. I bought my favourite blue berry yoghurt drink and walked back home.
When I reached home, I did a prayer before testing. I performed the test wheh he was watching TV as usual in the hall. When I checked about 1 minute later, there was no indication that I was pregnant. In my mind I had kinda made up my mind that it was gonna be negative as usual. So I just left the strip there and started washing the toilet. The next thing I know is that I caught a glimpse of the pregnancy test showing 2 pink lines. I was frantic. I kept checking the manual to make sure that I was not reading it wrongly. I actually could'nt believe my eyes...The next thing I know I did was to start crying like a baby and walk to Amin. He was shocked the see me in the state that I was in and asked me what was wrong. I showed him the strip and all he could say is, "Dun lie, I dun believe". I guess he could not believe it too...coz he was so confident that it would be negative...But then again, because of a previous miscarriage, we did not wana hold our hopes too high. But I guess that both of us felt much more confident for this pregnancy than the previous...Well.will tell you more about what happened for the next 9 months in my next entry..By the way I forgot to mention one important fact..Ummu my beastie oops sorry bestie (haha) had discovered that she was preggy on 14th February 2006. Talk about destiny. Hehe...The next 9 months were so blissful for us..
Thank you God for allowing me to go through the most miraculous journey of my life. Motherhood....what else can I say..

August 2005 when Ummu was the bride to be



July 2006 when we were mummies to be

Posted by Caramel at 11:50 PM