Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sparkling fingers
My dearest son made an attempt to make his fingers sparkle I think.
Its a ritual, every Deepavali, we go over to Sri's house....(used to be jini's too, but she is over the seas now).
So Ummu, Annika, Me and Rayn went to Sri's house.
It was fun as usual....
How can it ever not be fun when we enjoy one another's company sooo much?
Sri was so sweet..she actually got soft toys for the kids as she remembered that their brithdays just passed...
So after dinner, we went out to play with the sparklers that Sri's nieces had brought.
Rayn is quite professional when it comes to sparklers.
We have let him play with it many times.
And he always knows that once the sparkles go off, he has to drop the hot stick.
But what happened yesterday reminded me that things dun always happen the way it has always happened.....
It was annika's first time and she really had a whale of a time!
So the 4 kids were playing....Then this lil boy of mine...
After the sparkles went off...he dropped it onto the floor.
I was standing right beside him..
I was just gonna praise him for doing the right thing...went he picks up the hot stick that he had just thrown onto the floor!
I got a shock of my life and screamed!
You know what, there was no reaction from him!
No cry nothing!
I rushed him to the kitchen and washed his hands under running water....
It was quite bad actually.
Two of his fingers had boils already.
Think if I did not scream to alert him, his skin would surely have peeled off.
Anyway...thank GOD it wasn't anything major.
Thanks Sri, for the great food and hospitality....
And Jinima, you are missed by us....
Posted by Caramel at 11:49 AM