Friday, November 14, 2008
I have a dream....
Yesterday was my school's Annual Speech Day. It went very well. I felt happy to be part of it.
Coz its a day that pays tribute to the parents', pupils' and the teachers' hard work for the past year.
When I saw the prize winners going up on stage, I wanted to tear!
In fact I will be honest and admit that i did tear.
It is an emotional affair for me.
As a pupil, i dun remember going up on stage to receive credit for anything academic.
I really admire those who do get the opportunity.
During the rehearsal, I was the acting GOH and shook the hands of the pupils so that they can practise how to receive their awards as respectfully as they can.
And I drifted into my lala land.
Imagining that my dear beloved son was one of them...
In fact a gold winner...
Perhaps we can throw in the 'Best in Subject' as well..
Ambitious I know...
But dun blame me...
I am just a mother who want a perfect life for my son.
But of course there is nothing as perfect...
Can I settle for almost perfect...hehe
But then again I dun think I have being doing as much as I should to maximise his potential...
I feel that reading is the key to unlock many many levels of knowledge...
And I have NOT been reading to him!
I am ashamed!
I have to pull up my socks!
So I am gonna try to impart as knowledge as I can to him...
Not gonna overload him (I hope I won't)
And maybe...oh maybe...he will make my dream come true...
I have a dream...
A glorious one for him...
From a mother...
Posted by Caramel at 2:14 PM