Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yay!

I am very happy!
Obama won!
I am not really someone who follows up with global political issues..not exactly interested.
But this one..I wished hard...that Obama will win..
Because I belong to the minority, I can't help but feel triumphant now that he has won!
I guess most who do not belong to the minority will be indifferent though.

On another note, I have reaped the fruits of my hard hard labour...
All the mothering, all the nagging, all the repetition, all the blood boiling moments....have paid off...
My dear students have made me proud...very proud..
They have done very well for their SA2 examination.
I would'nt say that their success is attributed to me...
At the same time, it is surely NOT luck!
It is the combination of their parents'(for some), the pupils' and my hardwork!
Sometimes I stop and wonder...and the end of every lesson, have I taken them one level higher.... (like my P likes to say)
Sometimes I am not sure...
But after seeing their results..I know I have done something very right....
Out of the 9 classes in my whole level, my class got the highest number of A*s for Maths. Now is that an achievement or what...
Haha ironic, as I suck at Maths.
I guess I have proven myself that I dun have to be a Maths whizz to be a good Maths teacher...
And the way to teach is through their hearts...
They did well in other subjects too.
However, there are still some who did not do well...I hope they do buck up next year.....
I am really proud of you my sweeties...and I am really gonna miss you...

Yesterday after a lesson on friends, I asked the class, "Is there anyone here with no friends?"
I thought that no one will raise their hands as I know they are pretty united...
But there is this one gal who raised her hand...
Her friends around were quite surprised....They were wondering why she said she ahd no friends when they are her friends....
I supposed this gal didn't really consider them her friends la.
But she did look quite pitiful.
So after the lesson, I called her over to me to have a chit chat.
And I asked her, "Don't you have any friends from this class?"
She said , "Yes I have one", looking really sincere.
I asked her who it was....
She pointed to ME and said, "You are my friend".
When I heard that I duno why, but I felt like crying...
But I felt quite happy coz I know at least I have made a difference.
I am very concerned when my pupils say that they have no friends.
Because, I know how it feels....
When I was in Primary school, I was kinda the victim.
My friends liked to gang up against me for no apparent reason.
I go to school happily looking forward to playing with my friends...
But when I reach school, my friends will all distance themselves from me.
Not one but the whole gang.
Because when one of the decides that I will be the victim for the day, the rest will follow. Coz thats only cool to follow when the more popular fren commands....
I will spend the rest of the day wondering what happened...
Even when the teacher announces that I got the highest mark for a test or when she reads out my stories to class like she usually does...it does not make me happy.
I would in fact think..."Are they going to be angrier with me because teacher is happy with me?"
Sad huh...Coz I came from a troubled family, I really looked forward to going to school as that makes me forget all my worries that I had even when I was a little child.
So when I go to school and no one talks to me, I duno how to explain...for them it might be a small thing which is fun...
FOr me...it affected me badly...very badly...coz it was something that really meant a lot a lot to me...
Being with my frens made me happy.....
But I guess I was the unpopular one coz I was maybe just too easy to bully coz I was just so nice..hmm maybe coz I was't as well off...not as good looking? Perhaps....
Unfortunately, they were just lil kids who had not much clue about the sadness in my eyes.....Some of the them knew the gist of my problem...
But they were just kids...it was too hard for them to understand...
No one will understand except my sisters...
Ok Ok....getting too emotional...I had just wanted to briefly explain why I pay so much attention to kids who seem to have problems...
K so as I was saying...I talked to her about it I guess she is feeling better now....
I love my job because, I get to make a difference in the lives of young kids....

After a week of hard work, I feel like letting my hair down...Unfortunately everyone seems to be having exams! Sob sob!
Till later....





Hmm.. lets just say that I put in all I could to bring bring out the best in each and everyone of them.
Hmm...I think I have proven that one does not need to excellent in maths to teach it excellently...
Even tho it is just P1, I think I have inspired them to do well!

Posted by Caramel at 2:32 PM