Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lonely lonely

Today morning, Amin wanted to go for a haircut....And so off we went to Tiong Bahru Plaza early morning.
Eshan was supposed to go to school. Somehow managed to brainwash Amin to look after him....
While Amin was cutting his hair...Eshan was sitting on the bench and watching his dear papa getting his hair cut. I was waiting outside. He kept calling out to me and telling me excitely, "Mummy look Papa cutting hair!" Haha
Then came a mother with two of her kids. both boys. One was about 7 and the other 10? The kids sat beside Eshan and started playing some games la.
Eshan being an extrovert and a friendly boy, was talking to the boys while they were playing. He wanted to play too I guess...He also told them..."Friend, look Papa cutting hair!"
And you know what the younger boy did...he looked at Eshan as if he was some alien...and moved away from his seat and continued playing but this time away from Eshan...And the mother was just standing there...Bloody hell...Amin said its the way they have been brought up. I know I cun expect every kid to be as friendly as Eshan. In fact Eshan can intimidate people at times. Because he is too friendly. He can make a conversation with ALL kinds of people...Regardless of age, race, sex, etc...
But this is basic courtesy rite...
They were really behaving as if Eshan was from outer space. And the mum does not have the basic cow sense to teach her kids..
This Eshan, before leaving...went to stand beside the boys and started trying to play with them..And they moved away as well..Then I just called him and walked away...I think becoz I am pmsing..I just teared...it struck me then...that Eshan is really lonely...Its not the same...Ya he has very doting aunts and grandparents...But he also needs a brother or a sister to play with...I DO NOT want him to be a single child...Yet I fear that he might just be...What if I am not blessed to have another one? I will be forever guilty...Coz I know for sure that being a single child...he will not experience the life the same way someone who has siblings will..I dun want him to make a friend out of the BLOODY television set!
What makes matters worse is that the darling hubby of mine....does NOT want another child just as yet! How frustrating is that...He will never understand where I am coming from...Why? Coz he is the only child! That is why he did'nt get to experience what I did....He loves the TV more than me coz he did not have a human being to grow up with him! And I dun wan my Rayn Eshan to be like that! And it is not as if child bearing comes sooo easily to me you know...I am not that blessed! And..And...And...Arrrggghhhh
Haiz..I think I am really pmsing! I dun ever wana see me precious lonely! The joy that siblings can give him can NEVER EVER be compared to anything that BLOODY money can buy! I know money is essential. But money is NOT everything...I know coz....cause I grew up with the most AMAZING sisters in the world! Yes we do fight like boys...In fact even worse...But I still love them to the core! Life would never be the same without sisters like them! And the best part...we were never rich....Rayn has to experience the wonder that I did...and still am experiencing...So GOD please bless me with more!!! And God please change Mr Amin's mind!

Ok that frustrated part aside..
I thoroughly enjoyed the 4 days with Rayn!
But he doesn't listen to me anymore!
By the way I woke up with a sticker on my hand this morning!
Haha think he rewarded me for being so nice to him for the past few days... :)
It was indeed a good start to the day.

The other day when I was driving back..they were playing a song that Rayn loves to dance for. So I started dancing while driving...and I urged him to dance with me...
This is the convo that followed:-

Rayn: Mummy cannot dance!
Me: Why? (By the way he just does not like me to dance)
Rayn: Because Mummy driving...

Haha that left me with nothing to argue.
I just stopped and listened to him.

Then yesterday, he had thrown his crayons all over the house yet again.
Asked him to pick them up.
He had the cheek to order me to do it!!
I said fine...I will bring the hanger....
He said ok...
When I brought it our dear fren got quite scared...
So he pretended to keep the crayons...
After gathering a few...guess what he told me....
Rayn: Mummy...crayons sleeping cannot keep. Mummy cannot beat
Me: Rayn keep your crayons now....crayons have woken up!
Rayn: Mummy...Sshhhh crayons sleeping cannot disturb.!
Can you beat that!!!!!!

This boy ah...I told Amin..I officially declare that I cun discipline him!
Rayn Eshan...Mummy loves you da! Chellakutty!
I miss him sooo much!

Posted by Caramel at 3:11 PM